So Jenessa and I dropped daddy off at the airport on Sunday and then headed west for grandma and grandpa's! Jenessa threw a fit at the airport, but then fell asleep by the time we hit the interstate. We stopped in Lincoln for lunch (for 20minutes)... Ugh! I missed having a second person to feed Jenessa while I drove. Then we finally got on the road again and the next stop was Kearney at a relatives birthday party. We actually weren't planning on stopping in Kearney, but I had to go to the bathroom and that is an interesting thought when driving with a toddler who can't walk. So luckily my aunt told me about the birthday party! So we got to stop and see family and hang out with some great people for awhile and I was able to have someone else hold Jenessa. Lots of someone elses actually! So after a wonderful time at cousin Ronda's birthday party, we hit the road again. Heading on. Jenessa feel right to sleep. This lasted for about an hour and a half. She woke just before Ogallala. We stopped there, which was interesting. One thing though is I was reminded of good ol' western Nebraska hospitality!! I went to pay for the stuff I was getting and thought I had 4 bucks and only had 3, and the clerk told me not to worry about the 35 cents, he had it. I was so greatful because then I didn't have to run back out to my car. So we get back on the road from there and as I am driving into the panhandle I just get to see the beauty of the land! It is just amazing to me how beautiful it is out here!!


This is Chimney Rock. Not as big as it used to be, but still beautiful!!
But we finally made it to my parents house 8.5 hours after we started... Jenessa has come up with a game where she makes a funny noise and I make it back. That got us through the very last, longest part of the trip!! So, thankfully I have a wonderful, easy going girl to travel with!
No comments:
Post a Comment