Well, Jenessa and I are back from our week of traveling! We went to grandma and grandpa's in Mitchell for 5 days and during that drove the 4 hours to see Great Grandma. She enjoyed seeing Jenessa and watching her throw her food and sippy cup on the floor.
We were also fortunate enough to get to meet up with one of my old friends from high school and two of her daughters. Jenessa loved it, but was trying to act shy!! My daughter shy? HAHAHA!
Then on Friday we packed up and headed to Aunt Tessa and Uncle Jarod's, to see cousin Grayson! Jenessa loved that, she even came up and gave me a hug and then went back to playing! What a cutie!!
It was Grayson's birthday weekend and so I helped Tessa get ready for the party and Jenessa helped entertain Grayson! I think we did a pretty good job at the assigments that we were given! :)
Then Sunday we got up and decided after church to head home.
So, during all this travel I had a lot of time to think about everything going on. I mean come on, I am expecting... trying to pay bills on one salary and wanting to sell my house so we can move. Plus, my husband is gone again and my daughter has Down Syndrome which is always in the back of my head, no matter what.
I got to thinking about how much I love my husband and do not want to loose him, but then thought I had on Friday night!! He went out with friends and his phone died after telling me they were heading back soon. Two hours later, I still hadn't heard from him and he wasn't answering his room phone. Freak out!!!! He was ok, they just got sidetracked for an extra hour and a half at the bar. ( He now knows he should call if that happens again.)
I then went to my sister's sermon on Sunday and what a great message for me to hear right now in my life!!
(ok background on her sermon, she has been told she is moving in January, it is a mid year move and very hard on her and her churches that she is currently serving!)
So back to the sermon, She really opened my eyes because she put it pretty blunt! God gives us what he wants us to do. What he gives us in our lives are always opportunities to be open to him and the day that you finally say ok Lord I want to serve you and I want to be able to take what you have given me and learn from it and truely serve the purpose it was given to me for, with an open heart. That is the day that everything will make sense and he will be able to show you the true purpose of his gift.
Now listening to this, I always think of my daughter because I sometimes wonder if I have accepted his gift with an open heart! I love my daughter, but am I truely doing what God intended me to do, to help other people accept my daughter and her friends! Then I wonder, do I truely accept other's that have Down Syndrome the way I should! We are not placed on this earth to judge what others do, nor what God wants us to do. We are here to just do and serve him!
I find as I look around, there is way too much judgement around me sometimes and I know I can get caught up in it. It was also stated that we are only human and we make mistakes. That is helpful. Because Lord knows that I make tons of mistakes everyday!! But the greatest gift God has given me, my daughter, helps me to remember that no matter what I am loved and I have a purpose!! For this I am so grateful!
So, maybe I am in the process of serving God, but maybe I hadn't opened my heart completely or accepted completely the great gift he has given to me. That is what I call a powerful sermon!
No comments:
Post a Comment