Monday, March 31, 2014

My Baby Girl is 5!!!!!!!


So, it happened... our beautiful little girl turned 5 today!! It was so funny this morning as I watched the clock tick by as we were getting ready for work, I saw it hit 7 and thought oh this is when the doctor was checking me, then 7:10 and thought, this is when they were trying to get me to sign paper work saying I understood what a c-section was because, well HELLO we were heading there due to our sweet girl's heart rate dropping too fast and too much. Then I saw it hit 7:34 and wanted to cry a little!! This was the time that I became a mama for the first time ever! Of course I was so doped up on drugs that I don't remember much of it, but I do remember the first time I saw her and all I wanted at that time.... was to get sewn up so I could sit up and hold her!!! They then whisked her and my hubby away and I got to see them once I got back to my room! Thank goodness for pictures or I would not have a clue what went on in that O.R.!!!
It is a strange feeling realizing that at one time you didn't have the things that make you so completely happy!! And trust me, I CAN imagine my life without them, but I wouldn't give them up for it!!
So we celebrated Jenessa's birthday on Saturday with close family and Jenessa's friends! Jenessa got to go bowling for the first time!! And she LOVED it!!!

She wasn't so keen on the whole letting all of her friends bowl before she got to go again, but she got used to it!

The best part of Saturday wasn't necessarily the bowling or the cake or the presents!! The best part was seeing Jenessa with her friends!!

I know it is every parent's fear that their child will not be able to make friends, but add a disability in there and it becomes a nightmare!! (Will she ever make friends and will those kids be friends with her because of her or because they feel sorry for her. Will she remain her friends as she gets older. What is they secretly are picking on her and we don't know. ) Ok those are just a few and I am sure my mom friends can add a hundred more!!

To see all of her friends and see how they interact with her and love her, I was just too happy and overjoyed!! As an example, Jenessa has a friend from school who is also in her dance class that she is taking, we will call her P. Well P was there on Saturday and you could just see the love between the two as friends!! If P would fall, Jenessa was there to help her up and if Jenessa was upset P was there to cheer her up!! I was just so happy to see such a strong bond!!

So, I am still a little overwhelmed with the fact that Jenessa is 5 and we have been doing this crazy thing called parenthood for that long!! But I know without her and her sister I wouldn't be nearly as happy and fulfilled as I am. (not saying that everyone should have kids to feel this, just saying that I have always wanted this and I am so grateful to be experiencing it!! )

By The Way... Thank you to all of our family and friends that came to Jenessa's party!! We had such a good time and I KNOW that Jenessa enjoyed it!! She was so excited she was giving hugs like they were candy!!! So thank you so much for making my little girl's day a little more exciting because you and your family were there!! Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. G man loved being there to tell her that she put the wrong colors in the lite brite and she could just ignore him. ;) Actually, we were so glad to be there too and it was great to meet her friends. Remind me to tell you about our Arby's stop on the way there some time.

    ReplyDelete