Sunday, August 31, 2014

Open Forum letter to the lady or gentleman who decided to judge others

Dear Sirs or Madam,

This is that mom that you saw at the store... ya know, the one that screamed at her oldest because she put yet another thing in her mouth... What you don't know is that said child had already been asked about 20 other times before this trip and then another 5 during this trip to not put things in her mouth. Oh yes, I am sure you as a parent would never let you child do that... let me give you a little back ground, said child has an oral fixation... meaning we and our family have spent way too much money on teething necklaces that have been lost by said child. Oh and then you see her start to cry, and her little sister console her. And mom then has to ask if she has to go potty because, even though she is potty trained she will have an accident if she gets too upset and mom forgot clothes on this trip, so she is begging said child to just tell her if she has to potty as she is loosing her mind with tears. Please judge away! :) 

Yes, we parents see you and I have to admit I have even been you. Judging those OTHER parents that are doing things you would NEVER do!! Such as, I would NEVER let my child watch a tablet when we went out to eat. Oh wow, I cannot even believe those parents are letting their child do that and not teaching them how to eat in public appropriately! YUP said those exact words... Now, I don't even go out to eat because I know if we go someplace too loud my daughter will end up loosing her mind or getting very anxious and we will have to leave because she will want to constantly get out of her seat... Yup, I am now a parent that if we go out to eat and my daughter gets anxious I will whip out my phone with whatever pre-loaded show that I know will calm her. 

Here is my lesson that I think all judge mcjudgy pants need to learn. You do not know what situation that person is in. Maybe the mom that is letting their child yell at the top of their lungs in the middle of No Frills, has not been able to get her child to make any noise, let alone talk and now she is just enjoying the sound of her beautiful baby's voice! Or that mom who totally loses her temper and yells at her kids for fighting over a toy, as she is getting her groceries in walmart, is only here because she had to get out of the house after taking care of her kiddos all week without her husband who has been gone for over two weeks and she had to get groceries. Now she just wants to be done and back home so they will no longer have to be in each other's space. 

As, my husband and I have learned there are never clear right answers when raising kids or in life in general and one that I do know is clear is that those who judge, have no concept of what they are judging. Sure you may have raised three kids of your own or you may have lost a lot of weight and are no longer over weight and now you feel obligated to judge those who have not done what you did or who are going through what you have been through. Please think twice. We all have our own battles and are doing the best we can. Maybe it isn't how you would do it, but that is ok. 

Thank you,


That parent who feels like some days she isn't going to make it or is a horrible parent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment