Monday, January 6, 2014

Reflections

Ok, the girls have this princess sing along video that has the Mulan "Reflections" song in it!! Which goes, "Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me?" It goes on too, but I love that song!! It asks a great question!! I hope for my girls' sake that they are not like their mommy in the area of knowing who they are! I still don't truly know who I am!! I know I am the luckiest girl in the world because I have two of the most amazing little girls and a wonderfully supportive husband! But I look back over the last two years and being a financial advisor, (which by the way is a far cry from a teacher) and love the roller coaster ride I was on!! I also loved all the people I met through it!! But I know that it was not the best path for my family!! But then neither was being a teacher!  I wanted something that allowed me to be with my girls completely!! Though I had always wanted a job that I could reach people and make a difference I just knew in my heart of hearts that I wasn't going to be able to to be the mommy I wanted while working those jobs! which I had wanted to be from 2nd grade through my freshman year of high school!! What I have realized is that I can change the world, for two beautiful little girls!! And I can help teach these two beautiful girls how to change the world!!
Our world from the past two years, is finally slowing down. I have taken a job as an office assistant to give my family a constant paycheck. My youngest daughter has become my biggest fan and will call out the BS!! One day I put my coat on and she looked me square in the eyes and said, "Mommy going to work?" In the most accusatory tone!! Wow!! Thankfully I was just going to get the mail, but wow! She was going to make sure I spend the appropriate amount of time with her!! I have learned from those jobs of not being home at night what is really important!! I learned that my girls are the most important things to me and I just want to be able to give them what they need! I want to be able to let them have dance classes or for Jenessa to participate in Hippo-Therapy or whatever else she needs! Or just to be able to be a mommy on the weekends and spend quality time with them and not have to worry about work!
Ya know, I have always known from a young age that I wanted to be a mommy and I love being a mommy! And maybe that is truly who I am! Maybe when God blessed my parents with a third, unexpected, unplanned for child he knew that I was going to be the mommy to two beautiful girls and that I was going to make a difference in this world because I helped to make them strong independent women!! Or they could be the death of me and run my exhausted so I learn to appreciate sleep! I am not sure, but what I do know is that they are both stubborn, manipulative, sneaky, curious and intelligent little girls! I do mean all of those traits with a positive connotation! And that to me means that even though the odds are against J ever moving out or going to college, she will!! And that even though C is the spitting image of me in most all respects, she could still become a world famous singer, lawyer (which she would be great at based on her argumentative skills already!) doctor, teacher or a mom! And they will both do it all with great independence and self perseverance!!
I am so glad to be the mommy of two amazing girls! Glad to have found who I truly am!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you might just be on to something there! I hope you know that being a mommy or a parent is one of the hardest jobs there are...and you are doing great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try again. It is nice to know that a very special young woman has finally found who she is. We all knew this person was special even though she was the unplanned baby who ended up making our family complete. You have always wanted to help others and it is great to know that you finally recognize that you can no matter what you do. I love that you are such a special person to those 2 wonderful little girls in your life and to that special husband of yours. Keep up the great work of helping others just by being around them. I am so glad you finally recognize what a great person you are and that no matter what you do it is touching someone. Being a parent is a blessing, bask in it. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete