Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Play dates!!

Oh the past week has been a fun and eventful last week of me being home with the girls!! We went to two play dates!! One was at Zorinsky park and the other was here at our home!
The play date in the park was wonderful!! Jenessa, Clarissa and mom went with water and snacks in hand. We had our double stroller (which is a life saver!!) and Clarissa was still in her car seat, Jenessa was walking. We walked down to the park and Jenessa took off towards the play area. It was all I could do to lock the tires and make sure the shade cover was up for Clarissa and then I ran after her. She absolutely loved playing with the alphabet rollers thing. She did not want to leave it. Then another little girl came along and wanted to play too. She leaned herself against the bar handle and reach over and was spinning the rollers, when I see my daughter take the girls hand and push it off of the handle!! I caught the poor girl before she fell the the metal floor and took my daughter over to the bench for a time out!! I was mortified! But I think she learned her lesson!! She then found the big slide that twists on the way down. Now, I had to help her get to the top to go down this slide, so thankfully two of the mom's that were there helped me by catching Jenessa at the bottom! But Jenessa absolutely loved it! My little dare devil!!! She then found the swings! Her friend Harper was swinging and Jenessa went right over to her and wanted in the other swing. So, up she went and for the first time ever my daughter swung like a pro and I was finally able to go get poor Clarissa out of the stroller! AHAHAH! The poor girl! Thankfully there were mom's constantly going over and checking on her for me! Man, it is hard to manage two little ones while at the park! So, I strapped Clarissa's carrier on and put her in and off we went back to push Jenessa in the swings! She was a pro!
I am absolutely enamored by how much my daughter has seemed to grow since her little sister was born!! She has matured and is more willing to try new things! She also seems to want to interact with other children much more than she did before.
As, for the rest of the play date at the park, well, lets just say Jenessa had many melt downs and wanted with all her might to climb up the small slide. (which she did!) She also, got in the way of many other kids trying to go down. One mom told me not to worry about it, but it was hard advice to head, as kids were sliding down towards my daughter. HEHEHE
Our next play date was at our house. So, we cleaned and got all ready and then our friends came over! Jenessa was down stairs when the all arrived and I went and brought her up after the kids had all started playing upstairs. When Jenessa came upstairs, her eyes got huge and she ran in and started doing a happy dance!! It was so funny! It was as if her life was complete! And I can tell you from that point on my daughter was in seventh heaven!! She immediately started following Brooke, Buffy's 5 year old daughter, around! She was Brooke's little shadow and I think Brooke was absolutely thrilled by this! When we went downstairs to play, Brooke and Jenessa went over to the little wooden table we have and Brooke taught my daughter how to play tea party with her stuffed animals. Usually in Jenessa's tea parties, she is one of the guests, but this time she wasn't. It was very interesting to see the interaction between Jenessa and Brooke, as Brooke tried to get Jenessa to push the chair in with her stuffed animal in the chair instead of herself! It was hilarious! But Brooke won the battle and they proceeded to pour tea for their guests!
We then headed to the park and Jenessa went down the slide, oooh so many times! She struggled again on wanting to climb up the slide, but I would walk her over the steps and she would cry the whole time, as she climbed to the top... then she would smile at me when she was ready to slide down the slide and down she would go! Oh, my little drama queen!
I have to say that those two play dates were probably the most fun my daughter has had in the last month!! And I am grateful to the other moms and their kiddos for the experience that Jenessa got! Jenessa finally went swinging and went down a slide on her own!! She is getting so big!
Oh and what did Clarissa do during the second play date?? Well, she got to hang out with daddy!! Something she does not get to do nearly enough!! So, all in all, it was a very good day!

1 comment:

  1. She finally likes to swing and slide...it is about time! ;) That is wonderful. Now she does not have to just watch and can enjoy too. Can't wait until she and Grayson get together! No park will be safe.

    ReplyDelete