So, holy cow, it has been a LONG time since I wrote. Well, it is getting close to Christmas time! I am super excited! I love this time of year! I have almost all of my gifts bought and my mom, sister and I did our yearly cookie making weekend. It was so much fun, but it just reminds me so much of my grandparents! Especially, my grandpa! Him and I used to always peanut butter up the ritz crackers (or Ho ho crackers as they were called) and I remember him always stealing the "broken" ones and eating them before they were dipped. Then we would be delegated to opening up the carmels for the chocolate carmel brownies. And again, we would sneak a carmel or two! He would then somehow sneak away after all that was done, while I went in and started the tedeous job of dipping pretzels and ritz crackers.
My grandpa was always, so in love with Christms. He was all about the lights, decorations, gifts and of course the Christmas story! He had the most wonderful decorations in his front yard every year. And as for gifts, they had to be wrapped perfectly!! Everything he did, he did with love and care for his family! I truely feel that the overjoy of Christmas spirit this year is from watching my grandpa all those years! He had so much love in his heart and he gave freely, to all of his grandkids!
So, of course this is my favorite time of year, I get to relive a great time in my live with a grandpa, who absolutely adored me!! Hahahaha!! I miss him everyday, but I am so grateful to have the lessons that he taught me! We may not have the world, but we can make what we have feel like a million bucks!!
So, that being said, Merry Christmas to all who read this and remember it isn't about all of the gifts and the greed! Christmas is truely about the gift of giving and being with loved ones!! Count your blessings because they may not always be around for you to count!! This Christmas I am missing all of my grandparents, my uncle Ron, and uncle Don!! As well as all my family that I don't get to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment