Saturday, August 21, 2010

Nightmares

So this morning I woke with an abrubtness due to my dream. I had a dream that some of my "friends" didn't like my openess about Jenessa having down syndrome and these "friends" started to avoid me. The hardest part was waking up to realize that it was both a nightmare in my dream and in real life...
I have pissed of some people with comments about not understanding certain laws, or why certain laws are in place and I have been told that not everyone wants the whole world to know their child has down syndrome. And the hardest part is, I may let everyone know my child has down syndrome, but it is because they are going to figure it out eventually. I mean, seriously... looking at my daughter you can tell. There is no secret.
I am sure I have even pissed people off with my determination to get my daughter services and how much of a b**** I kinda was, but it got her the services she was supposed to be having. And I am not going to even defend this because if you take a step back you would do the same.
I guess to put it plain and simply, it hurts to wake up from a nightmare to only realize it is reality! Ya know, I didn't want a child with down syndrome... I was not over joyed when they told me the news, but as a parent you love you child, no matter what happens! And hell ya, it is hard to watch her get older and see her traits come out more and more, but please don't judge me for it. Don't tell me that what I am doing isn't right because unless you are walking this path with my, you have no clue. You have no right to tell me that telling the whole world about my daughter isn't right. Or that fighting for her services isn't really needed because she is doing so well.
I guess all I can say is, don't judge other people until you have walked a day in their shoes. As Jesus says, let the perfect be the one to cast the first stone. And I am pretty sure, me included, none of us are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment