Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Deedah viewing

Tonight we had a wonderful viewing of Deedah and Me... Which is a documentary from a 8 year old girls perspective of having a younger brother with Down Syndrome (Up Syndrome if you ask him). I watched it with our super moms group and it was very inspiring! I loved getting to talk with some wonderful moms! And the documentary was so sweet and just so pure and innocent. Some of us mom's thought that maybe we should have our children's classes watch it. I think this is a good idea. Society needs to be educated about Down Syndrome and what better way than through the eyes of a child!
Then as I was driving home I heard this song "Just the way you are" By Bruno Mars and it just hit me hard. Because I love my little angel just the way she is and I would never want to change her! I hope that with everything that I have written on here that I have never portrayed that I want her to be a "typical" child. Do I want Jenessa to have everything and be able to achieve everything in the world? Absolutely yes, but I would never change my perfect little girl for anything! So when I got home I found the video before this blog and it just melted my heart!! Hope you all enjoy it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment