Monday, July 12, 2010

Swim Lessons Day One!

So we started Jenessa in swim lessons because she won a certificate last year at the buddy walk. Her first day was today and it went way better than I had expected. She took about 15 to 20 minutes to get used to the water and then she was a totally different little girl! It was great, she started reaching for toys and then getting on her tummy to reach. She even put her face in the water. After we had been in 10 minutes and she was still clinging to me, I thought, we are not coming back. But after getting used to it she started getting comfortable. So, I learned a valuable lesson today. When Jenessa is starting a new activity, I just have to be patient and give her the time to grow her courage wings, and then watch her use them!! But it will take time. Haha!
We did have a good time though and I am pretty sure she is excited about tomorrow!! Maybe tomorrow we will even let the lifeguard take us and "work" (play) with us!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment