So, I was thinking the other day about the past two years! I cannot believe it has been two years since my little angel was born!! However, I was thinking about how it must look from the outside into my family and life these past years. I can tell you how it feels. But I am going to let everyone experience it:
Two years ago on March 31st, my beautiful baby Girl was born and I looked into those gorgeous eyes and knew my life was changing in more ways than just having a new baby. I knew she had down syndrome. Then on April 2nd it was confirmed and we took it as it came, or we took what God gave us and said ok we can do this. We then read the books and helped her to grow and advance at a rate that was hers. They told us she would get things slower and we took it as it came. She seemed to be doing fine, but we didn't know any better because she was our first. Then February 5th 2010 came and Josh lost his job and we took it as it came. Of course I was angerier than a hornets nest that had been knocked down, but with time it got easier. The March came and we thought, Thank you Lord Josh had another job... I mean surely after 3 interviews they are going to hire him. Then came April and we found out he wasn't getting the job and we took it as it came. We looked at all the options and thought well we can move closer to family and make it a little easier and then Hallelula, May 27th came and Josh was offered a job with Travelers!! We were so estatic! We had to move, but that was ok, so I told my principal that I would not be returning and we put our house on the market on June 1st. We then found out about all the traveling Josh would have to do for his job and we took it as it came. So for July through October, I knew I was going to be a single mom two weeks out of the month and we took it as it came. I mean, it's not so bad... Some wife's husbands are gone for months at a time.
Josh and I then decided to try for another baby and we were blessed with our pregnancy quite fast. And knowing Josh would be traveling, we took it as it came. The house was on the market, but not moving, so I really didn't have that much work to do. And thankfully God blessed me with a great friend, who when the time came to show the house while he was out of time, she came running over to help me pack up the dogs and Jenessa and take them to a park. After 6 months the house didn't sell and we took it as it came. We knew I had to be working to pay the bills and so subbing was pretty much the only option. It's not as good as actually having my own class, but I was willing to do it, so I could still be home with my little girl!
Then December came and we took the house off the market and Josh started working on the basement. At this time he was also told that he may not have to move after all. But we would know more come spring and so we took it as it came. The pros to moving, we could move into a house we could afford on one pay check and be closer to my family. Pros to staying, we love our friends here and all the support and love we get from them. There are more medical facilities and options for Jenessa. And yet again we take the uncertainty as it comes.
Jenessa really had not had any true physical delays until walking and come December and she still was not walking, this after crawling the previous January. So, we had to get a little pushy with our pt to get braces. She was resistant, but we took it as it came and Jenessa finally started walking in February and got her braces in March. Now she is a little pistol that we cannot keep up with!!
It is now spring and we still know nothing on the moving issue, so Josh is getting the basement done and we are gearing up to put it back on the market.We had Jenessa's 2nd birthday party and are excited to meet Clarissa! (I am more than ready for that to happen!)And we are still taking our lives as it comes. All the ups and downs these past two years have made it even more rewarding to look back on and say, "yeah, I made it through and you know what... Lord, I have taken as it has come! Thank you!" Because through it all, it may look like a hard or tough or whatever type of situation you wan to call it, but it has made us a stronger unit. We have had some wonderful experiences through it and made amazing friendships during all of it! Plus, I can tell my husband anything and he can tell me anything and we may get upset, but we know we can make it through. We just ask the Lord to help us and we just take it as it comes.
By the way... Thank you to all of our family and friends who have helped us take it as it comes these past two years!! I don't think you hear it enough!!
No comments:
Post a Comment