Hey all, I know it has been about a month since I last posted and longer since a Jenessa update! I am sorry about that!! So, here is our Jenessa update...
She is still not walking, BUT!!!! She is starting to sign like a mad woman! When her teacher was hear last time she signed more blocks improtu, as well as more play. She also copied her teacher in signing car. She loves her toys that she got for christmas and so apparently these new toys have brought out the communication bug in her!! Hehehe! We are loving it!! Then the other day I was taking a bath and she pointed to my boobs and signed more eat!! Hehehe!! She was told that she didn't need those for food anymore, but hey she signed what she wanted!! She also is a babbling fool!! She makes more than one sound at a time and will literally carrie on a conversation with herself in the mirror! It is too cute for words! She will also answer our questions with what we think are answers, in her mind, but we aren't sure what her answers are. Though, every word or babble that she states is like a little miracle in our lives!! We really feel like she tells us a lot that she doesn't wanna!! But, who knows!
She has also been playing with her mega blocks table and blocks! Josh and I decided that this was the best toy we have ever invested in. It has actually gotten her to start stacking, and not just throwing! Her teacher is appreciating that too!! Just this past Saturday the 15th, she took two long blocks and put one on the other then took a two holed block and put it centered on top!! It made me laugh because that is definitely how her mom or dad would stack!! And she has never reminded me of either of us in her organization!! She has gone back to this table every day to play!
We have been so blessed this past month, it seems that a light has come on and she all of a sudden has taken off on her awareness and communication!! We even noticed it at the Young athletes program she is a part of! She actually worked on a station with the teacher and didn't just stare at all the kids around her!! It was just amazing to me!! I am seeing my daughter become older and it scares me! Hehehe!
We are also getting ready to put Jenessa in a big girl bed! The railings have come and they are on the bed! Now mom just has to be ok with it!! Scary! What if she falls out, what if she bonks her head on the foot rail? What if... I have so many things going through my head and Josh is cool as a cucumber!! GRRR! I am not the worry wart!! But I guess I am this time!!
Oh and Jenessa is using a fork like a pro!! We may have to sometimes stick the food on the end, but she knows exactly how to get it into her mouth!! The next thing we are working on is a spoon. She gets it, but she can't quite get it in her mouth correct, as well as, she has problems getting the yogurt on her spoon! But she will get it with more practice! The biggest problem is coming up with foods she will eat that can be used with a spoon! She doesn't like pudding... we haven't tried oatmeal... so maybe that. She does like rice, but that is hard to get on a spoon, unless it is in a bowl(which usually gets thrown!)
Well, I think tha tis all Jenessa is doing... But going back to the walking thing. No, she is not walking yet, she is going to be getting fitted for ankle braces hopefully on Friday. She just seems unbalance, but determined! she will take Josh or mine fingers and drag us everywhere she wants to walk to!! It is hilarious!! She also has started pushing our chairs all over the rooms! Too, cute! We are not in too big of a hurry for her to walk, but it would be nice to have her walking!
I feel that Jenessa is further at this point in her life than we would have thought she would be! We never knew what to really expect, but I think she has gone far beyond our expectations!! Oh and one last note... She loves to dance to music!! It just melts my heart!! I am loving being her mom and so excited to introduce our next little girl into the mix!! I think Clarissa will shake things up a bit! Hehehe!
No comments:
Post a Comment