Sunday, May 2, 2010

Realizations!

So, we went to a 1st birthday party yesterday and had a great time!! It was so much fun for Jenessa, she just loved it. Her favorite thing to do in large groups of kids or even small groups of kids, is to stare at the other kids. Now, Jenessa plays, but she takes time out of playing and watch... which I think helps her because she gets to see what other kids at her age are doing. Though I came home from the party a little deflated about Jenessa's success! She is doing wonderful, but she just seems a little behind in her gross motor skills. She isn't really even close to walking yet and every other child at the party was walking and I know, I know she will do it on her own time and don't wish for that yet... blah blah blah. I am sorry, but my daughter should be getting ready to walk! She has been crawling for long enough! I know I can't say that, but it is frustrating and I am saying this down Syndrome or not!
It is just hard to keep in mind that my daughter will probably take a little longer at everything that she does! It doesn't mean I have to like it!! I just hope that she gets more opprotunities to be around more children soon! It helps her out so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment