Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What to do when the world comes crashing down?!

So on February 5th my husband was fired from his job... supposedly he didn't have the "drive" to work for that company, even though he slept, ate and breathed that company! When he told me, it took the life right out of me for a few days! All I could do was cry or want to hurt someone. I am still angry about it, considering I feel he was one of the most dedicated workers they had. Anyone that he came into contact with knew he worked for them and how proud he was to work for them, but I digress. What do you do when you have absolutely no control over the outcome of your life. I still had my job and we still had a daughter with doctors appointments. They don't just stop because he doesn't have a job. So we moved on... I am finally able to think about what happened without crying or even being afraid I will cry. I still get worried and want to have control, I want to tell him to just keep applying to jobs and keep looking, but I can't. It is his career and honestly to put it in a way that most people understand... How do you go from having your dream job to now having to work your way back up? That is what I keep wondering. But Josh has interviewed with a company three times and hopefully will get the job sometime this month! He started the interview process with them three weeks ago and we are still waiting. I understand that in their world that three weeks isn't very long, but when you have no income other than a teacher's pay to live off of, it is an eternity!
And Josh isn't enjoying his time at home, it would be differnt if he was loving spending time at home. He loves being with Jenessa, but he can't work on the house like he wants too. He wants to fix stuff up, but since he is watching Jenessa he can only do small things at a time. I just pray that he finds something out soon.
I still sometimes look back on the last month and wonder why this all happened. Ya know everyone says that everything happens for a reason, but if someone could please explain to me what reasone there would be for my husband's dream job to be ripped out from under him and us left to pray that we can afford to live... Whether it be keeping food on the table, afford the doctor visits for Jenessa or keeping our house. It is all just scary and sometimes, I wish that someone could just tell me what purpose God had in mind when this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment